[U-Boot-Users] Question about MPC8272 HRCW

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Jun 22 14:44:51 CEST 2005

--- Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> flash. I personally
> > can't see any reason to configure such boards for
> > high-boot. I agree
>
> Agreed. Actually I don't see _any_ reason to
> configure  a  board  for high-boot.

Perhaps one situation should use high-boot. If
RSTCONF pull up always or first sector of FLASH
was damaged accidentally, high-boot can make
the board work although some performance would
lost in this default configuration.

Have you tried the default configuration? I once
did it on a 8248 board but in vain and
wanna to know whether there is some special thing
with it. Well, I confess that there was a 100MHz
CLKIN which was bigger than 60-80MHz UM limited.
Is this the case?

Thanks,

Sam