[U-Boot-Users] Re: compile u-boot with recent toolchain : symbols problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 24 00:54:40 CEST 2005

Dear Cedric,

in message <c8f10050623114735e08f64 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > Can you show  the  difference  between  the  linker  maps  using  the
> > original and the patched versions? What exactly is changing?
> > Can you please provide exact data, like the differences  between  the
> > System.map  and  the  u-boot.map  files  when using binutils-2.16 and
> > another, working version of binutils? [Please use the _same_  version
> > of GCC for this comparison.]
> I attached 3 binaries :
> - u-boot_ELDK, which is compiled with binutils-2.11.93.0.2 (20020207)
> and gcc-2.95.4
> - u-boot_binutils-2.16, which is compiled with binutils-2.16 and gcc-2.95.4
> - u-boot_new_toolchain, which is compiled with binutils-2.16 and gcc-3.4.3

Grrrrghhhh...

I really don't understand what's going on. Is my English so poor?  Am
I completely unable to express myself clearly enough?

This is the third time I repeat the same request, and  two  different
people continue to either misunderstand or ignore me.

I do not want to see  any  binary  images.  I  want  to  compare  the
System.map  and  the u-boot.map files between the working and the non
working versions.

What is so difficult about that?

> On 6/23/05, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

And please don't top-post / full-quote.

I think I give up on this. If you cannot provide  the  information  I
need I cannot help you.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"To IBM, 'open' means there is a modicum  of  interoperability  among
some of their equipment."                            - Harv Masterson