[U-Boot-Users] Re: compile u-boot with recent toolchain : symbols problem

Cedric VINCENT cedric.vincent at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 22:28:28 CEST 2005

On 6/24/05, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Grrrrghhhh...
>

> I really don't understand what's going on. Is my English so poor?  Am
> I completely unable to express myself clearly enough?

I apologize...

> This is the third time I repeat the same request, and  two  different
> people continue to either misunderstand or ignore me.

Did I ignore you ?! Are you talking about my "lost mail", sent to this
mailing list the first of June (take a look at gmane archive) ?

> I do not want to see  any  binary  images.  I  want  to  compare  the
> System.map  and  the u-boot.map files between the working and the non
> working versions.
>
> What is so difficult about that?

I believed system.map and the u-boot.map contain only the symbol
table, so I thought binaries contain more helpful data (since the
symbol table can be read from these, with readelf or nm).

I will send you these 'map' files next week.

>> A lot of maybes here. I would like to see facts first.  FOr  example,
>> the diff between the linke r maps and/or the binaries.

Facts are in the provided binairies, so what's the problem ?

> And please don't top-post / full-quote.

OK.

> I think I give up on this. If you cannot provide  the  information  I
> need I cannot help you.

My first mail was not a "help request" nor a "bug report" since I
don't know where the bug comes from (GCC ?, LD ?, U-Boot ?). I sent
this first mail to help U-Boot users who have the same problem, it was
the only purpose. So, please, stop to blame me !

I would like to thank you for your awesome work, and I know you are
very busy. So you can give up on this (tell me if so, please), there
is no problem.

Best regards, Cedric VINCENT.