[U-Boot-Users] Relocation of symbols?

Andreas Block andreas.block at esd-electronics.com
Mon Jun 27 15:08:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've posted another question regarding this topic on 14th June 2005. Since I haven't
received any answers, I'm unsure, if I'm in the correct mailinglist or if my problem
was that trivial. In case of the latter one, please, give me a hint, where to post my
questions instead.

So here's my new question:

I've declared a global array:
char *walter[] = { "ABC", "DEF" };

The u-boot boots from flash and relocates itself into RAM. After relocation the array
is relocated into RAM and so is its content (the pointers to strings). But the actual
strings are still located in flash. "walter" is a global symbol located in ".data"
section of the compiled object. Is this the behaviour I should expect, or is it a
problem with u-boots relocation code?

Best regards,
Andreas Block