[U-Boot-Users] how litte dose the u-boot.bin size can be?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 28 13:05:43 CEST 2005

In message <50c9a22505062803394f7d7df5 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> My teacher ask me about whether the u-boot.bin(only need to boot from
> rom, remove the other commands and unnecessary functions) can be
> minimized to 10K.Dose someone has

No. This is impossible. You may do with some 64...80 kB for a minimal
system, but usually you will need 128 ... 512 kB.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The majority of the stupid is  invincible  and  guaranteed  for  all
time.  The  terror  of their tyranny, however, is alleviated by their
lack of consistency."                               - Albert Einstein