[U-Boot-Users] ...uses hardware FP, whereas u-boot uses software FP...

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Thu Mar 3 17:41:25 CET 2005

Dear Wolfgang,

>>>This message is clear, isn't it? Your compiler  libraries  are  built
>>>using hardware FP, whereas u-boot uses software FP

Sure it is.

>>So your suggesting that my glibc is built with softfloat support but not the gcc
>>itself?
>>
>>IIUC then U-Boot does not need glibc?
>
> I never mentioned glibc. Nor is it mentioned in  the  error  message.
> The  library  in  question  is  "libgcc.a", where the compiler itself
> (GCC) provides utility functions  (like  here  divsi3  to  perferm  a
> signed division operation).
>
> I repeat: Your  compiler  libraries  are  built  using  hardware  FP,
> whereas u-boot uses software FP.
>
> In other words: your toolchain is not configured as you expected.

I just wanted to make sure that I understood corretcly.
Since my user applications seems to run fine under linux I assume that my glibc
supports softfloat.
U-Boot does not use glibc but libgcc.a. Since the compiler complains while
compiling U-Boot, it seems that my libgcc.a does not support softfloat.
So the problems lies in how my compiler was built and not how the glibc was built.
Did I get this right?

Thanks a million!

--
Steven