[U-Boot-Users] AVR32 patchset available

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at atmel.com
Thu Aug 31 17:08:26 CEST 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:53:22 +0200
Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Dear Haarvard,
>
> in message <20060831163957.6bb7f388 at cad-250-152.norway.atmel.com> you
> wrote:
> >
> > Ah, I guess I have to check my setup. Both git and quilt are
> > supposed to catch things like this...
>
> How did you set it up to catch thse things?

For git, there are .git/hooks/pre-applypatch and .git/hooks/pre-commit.
But they don't seem to catch the spaces-instead-of-tabs case...

For quilt, I guess I was thinking about the --strip-trailing-whitespace
option to quilt refresh. Which obviously doesn't catch this either...

I suppose the git hooks can be modified to catch spaces-instead-of-tabs
too, I'll have a go at it.

> > > Please get rid of include/asm-avr32/initcalls.h
> >
> > Where should I move the prototypes?
>
> I think they are used in board.c only?

Yes, but they are implemented elsewhere. And IMHO keeping the prototypes
in a header file is the easiest way to ensure the prototypes are in
sync with the actual implementation.

> > > Special formatting is required for the CHANGELOG entry.
> >
> > Documented where?
>
> Use the existing CHANGELOG as an example.

Ok.

> > I take it you think the current division is fine, then?
>
> I didn't look for this. You will have to resplit anyway  due  to  the
> 40kB size limit on the list.

All the patches fit within the 40k size limit if I compress them. If
you don't have any other objections, I'll keep the current division.

Haavard