[U-Boot-Users] 8560 based board: CPM I2C, 2 DDR slots

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 13 20:21:42 CET 2006

In message <c733b7bd0612130759y46f05feal41b5e73442c5271 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> 1. All our I2C components (RTC, ID EEPROM, DDR EEPROM) are connected to the
> 8560 CPM I2C controller, and not to the 8560 I2C controller. As far as I've
> seen, U-boot only supports the 8560 hardware I2C controller. Am I correct?
> If so, it seems that I can port the 82xx I2C driver (which is CPM based) to
> the 85xx without too much problems, and say add a CONFIG_CPM_I2C flag for
> this. Do you know if there's any planned support for this before I go ahead
> with this patch?

Why don't you simply use software (aka bitbanging) I2C? It's *much*
easier, smaller, and more flexible.

> 2. Our board can have up to two DDR modules, whose slots have different I2C
> addresses. It seems that spd_sdram doesn't support this (as it only
> addresses one preconfigured I2C address). Questions are the same: Is this
> scenario supported in U-boot; If not - is there any planned support for it?

You add it?

> ------=_Part_150550_322248.1166025570436

Please never post HTML here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Even if you aren't in doubt, consider the mental welfare of the  per-
son who has to maintain the code after you, and who will probably put
parens in the wrong place.          - Larry Wall in the perl man page