[U-Boot-Users] PPC8xx chip select configuration at startup

Vladimir Gurevich vag at paulidav.org
Fri Feb 17 23:11:20 CET 2006

Hi Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> This is not correct. Depending on your HRCW the first instruction  is
> either fetched from physical address 0x0100, or 0xFFF00100.

My bad, wrt 0x0100 (I was more concerned about aliasing while writing
the previous email), but my understanding is that typically MPC8xx ports
of U-boot assume that HCRW is configured for the low boot option, don't
they?
> And by the way: that's MPC8xx (not PPC... which traditionally usually
> refers to a IBM / AMCC processor).

Agreed.
> And my cause other problems as well. Don't do it. Map flash at a high
> address.

What are the other problems? I believe the TQM8xx ports do (or, at least
used to) use this address.

Thanks,
Vladimir