[U-Boot-Users] PPC8xx chip select configuration at startup

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 17 23:30:05 CET 2006

In message <43F64A08.7020806 at paulidav.org> you wrote:

> My bad, wrt 0x0100 (I was more concerned about aliasing while writing
> the previous email), but my understanding is that typically MPC8xx ports
> of U-boot assume that HCRW is configured for the low boot option, don't
> they?

You can chose any setting you  like.  It's  just  that  low  boot  is
usually  the most efficient and flexible one, as it allows to put the
U-Boot code at the begin of the flash memory with room to grow  after
it, so you don't have any nasty gaps and it's trivial to change flash
device sizes.

> What are the other problems? I believe the TQM8xx ports do (or, at least
> used to) use this address.

See previous postings. And no, TQM uses 0x4000.0000, not 0x0400.0000.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Above all else -- sky.