[U-Boot-Users] u-boot size reduction tips!

Ram vshrirama at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 16:08:23 CEST 2006

Hi,
  I am trying to reduce the size of the bootloader and my own
  utilities.

   Firstly i tried understanding the flow of u-boot.

   I tried removing the networking support.

   i removed the NETWORKING related #defines in my
   config file omap5912osk.h
   Then i did
         #define CONFIG_COMMANDS  (CONFIG_CMD_DFL  & ~CFG_CMD_NET)

   Then i changed the makefiles to avoid making libnet.a

   However, on compiling i do get linker errors.
   i need to go and manually comment out code that is referring to
    getenv_IPaddr and so on.

   Not sure if this is way we remove the features in u-boot.

   I just want a minimum bootloader + serial port:
   which translates to:
         1) basic bootloading
         2) serial port driver.
         3) Enabling serial port commands

   How does one go about it?. Any guidelines?.

    Any advices or pointers?.

Regards,
sriram