[U-Boot-Users] Update on the fdt command

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 21 15:49:44 CET 2007

Hi,

in message <46013C58.2040300 at smiths-aerospace.com> you wrote:

> I'm getting close to having a functional "fdt" command.  For a sneak
> peek you can look here:
> <http://www.cideas.us/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot/u-boot-mpc83xx;a=summary>
>
> The new fdt command can be found here:
> <http://www.cideas.us/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot/u-boot-mpc83xx;a=blob;f=common/cmd_fdt.c;h=8cce35b137f4214a2c6cbab026460b54d72bb6e0;hb=HEAD>
> (see line 777 ff. to see the subcommand list).  Please critique my
> subcommands - it will hurt my feelings, but I'll get over it.

Looks fine to me, but I cannot understand this part:

 787         "fdt rm     <path> <node>           - Delete the node *NOTE THE SPACE*\n"

NOTE THE SPACE? Which one? And where is the difference?

> My proposal to Wolfgang is that denx.de create a repository for my
> changes so I can submit them and ultimately he can pull the changes into
> the master repo.  The changes to add David Gibson's libfdt to the source

Is the name u-boot-fdt ok? Can you please send me your public SSH key?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Just think, with VLSI we can have 100 ENIACS on a chip!"
- Alan Perlis