[U-Boot-Users] Temperature sensor on Sequoia board

Mike Nuss mike at terascala.com
Thu Feb 21 23:17:38 CET 2008

Larry Johnson wrote:

> Hi Stefan and group,
>
> When I was checking the LM75/AD7414 driver using my Sequoia board, I
> found that the AD7414 on the Sequoia does not appear to update its
> temperature as its documentation describes.  I had to reset U-Boot to
> get the temperature reading to change.  Also, every since I have had
> that board, the first temperature reading reported by U-Boot after
> applying power has always been incorrect.  I didn't find anything in
> the AD7414 documentation that would explain this.
>
> Has anyone seen this behavior on other Sequoia boards?

Yes. In my experience, the reason the first reading is often incorrect is simply because the monitoring can take a little time to start. I've seen the same behavior on the adm1026 and adt7462 also.

I definitely see temperature updates using the Linux driver for ad7414 on Sequoia, but in U-Boot I wouldn't expect it to change much anyway.

Mike