[U-Boot-Users] U-boot and Mathematical Library

Vincenzo Scianni v.scianni at selcomgroup.com
Tue Jul 29 09:20:54 CEST 2008

Hi to everyone.

I have a general question: my need is to use u-boot to initialize a PowerPC 5123 and then to continue with a custom kernel without Linux. The problem is that during initialization I must drive very early a graphical controller by PCI to show some logos and I need of mathematical library; I suspect that u-boot doesn't support any. First question there exist one compatible with u-boot ? In your opinion is it possible to follow idea of import a mathematical library to boot and draw something and after continue with a custom kernel ? There is some deep technical reason to load a Linux kernel and then plot a logo ?

Thanks and best regards.