[U-Boot-Users] How to use tftp to book kernel image and mount remote root fs

Steven Woody narkewoody at gmail.com
Tue May 13 03:52:16 CEST 2008

Dear Denk,

Q1:

Both 5.9.5.1 ( http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootCmdGroupDownload#Section_5.9.5.1.
) and 5.9.5.6 (
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootCmdGroupDownload#Section_5.9.5.6.
) talk about booting image via network, but there are only few lines
of description about these commands.  I don't know which one I should
use, tftpboot or bootp? And, for each one, what's the requirement on
server side?  I've done works described in 4.6, 4.7, 4.8 to setup the
server, but I don't sure which one ( tftp, dhcp, nfs ) will really be
used.

Q2:

in 9.6.3 ( Root File System on a cramfs File System ), the manual
taught how to make a root filesystem image (cramfs), but in the
installation ISO, i dont find necessary files rootfs.tar.gz and
devices.tar.gz mentioned in the instructions.  Where should I get
them?  On the other hand, after installed the eldk, I've already got a
root filesystem in /installation/path/arm, so i think it will be very
good building a root filesystem image from this directory, but in the
manual, I dont find instructios telling me how.

Thank you very much.

--
woody

then sun rose thinly from the sea and the old man could see the other
boats, low on the water and well in toward the shore, spread out
across the current.