[U-Boot-Users] x86 port

John Calixto John.Calixto at watchguard.com
Thu May 15 23:09:25 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I'm working on another x86 port for a new board.  I've been trying to
build the sc520* in the existing tree just to get an idea of the size of
U-boot.  However, I'm stuck on some build errors.

README.standalone seems to suggest that the global_data pointer is
passed in a funky way to the x86 app.  That global_data structure is
where my build is failing:

    sc520_cdp.c:33: error: initializer element is not constant

where line 33 is the DECLARE_GLOBAL_DATA_PTR macro.

I know that it's been a while since folks have worked on the i386 stuff
- any memories/pointers would help.

Thanks,

John