[U-Boot] RE : Reduce time to load

POLETTE Simon spolette at adetelgroup.com
Thu Feb 26 16:57:50 CET 2009

U-boot take about 2 seconds to load the kernel.
The rest of the system take about 10 seconds until I get the prompt, so it represents ~16% of total time needed to have an operational system.
I agree to say that most of the work to reduce boot time have to be done on the kernel and userspace, but I'm trying to save as much time as possible, even if it's 100ms.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Simon Polette