[U-Boot] core ticks/timer code

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 31 17:55:13 CEST 2009

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
>> i wouldnt mind starting a patch series for post 2009.05 to clean this up ...
> I've in mind too maybe I'll send a first version within few days for a arm soc
> and a blackfin based on u-boot-v2

In contrast to Jean-Christophe's plan

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-March/049861.html

(last sentence) I'd like that we split general ticks/timer code clean
up and bug fixes. I'd like that we implement the changes proposed by
Mike and Jean-Christophe independent and don't mix them with other
fixes for broken timer code like

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-March/049146.html

Having proper/fixed (old style) timer code will make it easier to
convert to new style afterwards.

 From my point of view this is similar to rule "don't mix coding style
with functional changes".

Best regards