[U-Boot] Freescale MXC: NAND UnCorrectable RS-ECC Error

alfred steele alfred.jaquez at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 23:08:41 CEST 2009

Thanks Magnus!
> Which MXC platform are you using and does it support 4K page size? And
> does mxc_nand.c support 4K page size?
I am using mx35 and the NAND flash controller therein supports 4K page
operations as evident from the manual.
from the code in "mxc_nand.c" it looks like it checks for whether or
not its a 4K page NAND and assigns a different OOB layout based on
that.  I am not sure as i havent gathered a full understanding of the
ECC/OOB mechanism.

How do we define the functions owned by the mxc_nand.c(board specific
driver) and the generic driver nand_base.c or is it a layered design?
Can you please elaborate on it?
-Alfred.