[U-Boot] Freescale MXC: NAND UnCorrectable RS-ECC Error

Magnus Lilja lilja.magnus at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 09:26:27 CEST 2009

Hi

2009/10/2 alfred steele <alfred.jaquez at gmail.com>:
> Thanks Magnus!
>> Which MXC platform are you using and does it support 4K page size? And
>> does mxc_nand.c support 4K page size?
> I am using mx35 and the NAND flash controller therein supports 4K page
> operations as evident from the manual.
> from the code in "mxc_nand.c" it looks like it checks for whether or
> not its a 4K page NAND and assigns a different OOB layout based on
> that.  I am not sure as i havent gathered a full understanding of the
> ECC/OOB mechanism.

Well, at least in the standard U-boot tree I cannot see any mx35
support (or 4K NAND support in mxc_nand.c).

Are you using U-boot v2 or some other customized U-boot? (gitweb at
git.denx.de seems to have some problems at the moment and I don't have
the U-boot v2 tree locally)

> How do we define the functions owned by the mxc_nand.c(board specific
> driver) and the generic driver nand_base.c or is it a layered design?

It uses the standard Linux nand design where SoC specific drivers can
override default generic functions.

/Magnus