[U-Boot] Ml507 virtex-5

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 3 21:34:56 CEST 2009

Dear "Spinelli, Claudio (Claudio)",

In message <2A01FDEB56E1DF45B111D0FF5949526F2F42CCFC at USNAVSXCHMBSA2.ndc.alcatel-lucent.com> you wrote:

> I have a Xilinx evaluation board ML507 Virtix-5. I loaded u-boot version 1.3.4 on the NOR flash and I am running uboot out of NOR flash. Uboot comes up ok and it seems to be good. Then using Montavista 5.0.24 distribution I builded an uImage (make uImag
> e) for the ml507. I have also builded a filesystem for it. I burned both the uImage and the filesystem in the NOR flash. Then I run uboot from reset, uboot recognizes the uImage and unzips it correctly, no errors from uboot, but when uboot jumps to run
> the kernel, there is no response on the serial port. Not even the linux banner gets printed. It looks that the kernel is just not running or crashed. Did anybody try this?

Please restrict your line length to some 70 or so characters.

> One thing I noticed that the unzipped kernel version sitting at RAM location zero looks like this and it has the first 4 bytes "60 00 00 00". Not sure what this four bytes indicate.

May I ask why you ask this question, just one day after I sent you a
reply to the very same question when you sent it to my direct
address?

Please note: you are off topic here. We know nothing about MV Linux
or how they build images. Please contact MV support with such
questions - after all, you are paying money to them, not to us.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.
                        - Sir Winston Churchill _My Early Life_ ch. 9