[U-Boot] [patch] dm355evm NAND support

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 6 01:24:28 CEST 2009

On Monday 05 October 2009, Paulraj, Sandeep wrote:

> > I guess that happened after I prepared the patch but before I sent
> > it in.  I'll look; there were some differences still.  Notably to
> > store the environment in the otherwise-unused block zero,
>
> That is because most users who have used existing TI binaries have
> the env stored at 0x3c0000. So if the update the U-Boot binary, they
> will still get all their env back.
> IIRC this was a customer requirement of ours.

I don't follow.  Those existing binaries also used the
deprecated "infix" OOB scheme, right?  The one which
trashes the manufacturer bad block markers, and is not
compatible with what U-Boot and Linux have agreed to use.

Which means that block becomes unreadable anyway.  There's
no point in trying to preserve it...

- Dave