[U-Boot] OMAP3: proposal: dont piggy back on ROMCode interrupt vectors

Tom Rix tom at bumblecow.com
Tue Oct 13 14:27:29 CEST 2009

Nishanth Menon wrote:
> Hi,
> Current interrupt vectors[1] are piggy backing on OMAP3 ROM Code vectors
> This has the disadvantage that "external boot" option of OMAP GP devices
> for booting off NOR devices would probably not function as the interrupt
> vectors are not setup.

In general we want to limit dependencies of ROM code.
And it should be moved to omap3 so other cortexa8 users don't have to
code around it.  Like we did for the cache flushing.

> I had faced this during the port of u-boot-v2 and had done an
> implementation[2] for this. would we be interested in pulling this back
> in for u-boot-v1? I suppose all OMAP3 devices could benefit from it.

Poking around it does not look like any of the omap boards define
CONFIG_USE_IRQ so it seems like you really will be creating the
interrupt handlers.  I think this is a good idea as long as the existing
non-interrupts still works. I would be happy to test whatever you want
to do.  Should we set up a special ti-omap-irq topic branch ?

Tom