[U-Boot] imx27lite stability problems.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 16 21:53:58 CEST 2009

Dear Javier Martin,

In message <eedb5540910160633o81b1ae3sf37b2a00a5474584 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I could finally test this in an original LogicPD i.mx27 litekit board
> and found the same problems.
> System gets stuck when issuing a ping command.
>
> - I am using u-boot-arm repository "commit
> 617da90c1dcf65428ddfb63fef897439950bc915" without any modifications.

Can you please use mainline, i. e. the master branch at
git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git instead?

> Please, do you have an idea of what could I be missing?

Well, there is a "Possible iMX27 intermittent Ethernet connection
issue rework" issued by LPD on 7/8/2008; in essence the PHY's
internal 1.8V core regulator may shut off at power up.

To work around this, try and implement the following two hardware
modifications:

1) Populate R841 with a 4.7K resistor. (This forces the internal core
   regulator off for the LAN8700. R841 is located on top of the PCB
   just "above" the LAN8700 IC.

2) Add a jumper wire from U125.5 to C561.1. This connects the on
   board 1.8V rail to the core ensuring that it is always powered.

And no, I don't guarantee you for anything.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Parkinson's Law:  Work expands to fill the time alloted it.