[U-Boot] ARM pull request

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 19 10:29:07 CEST 2009

Dear Sandeep,

In message <0554BEF07D437848AF01B9C9B5F0BC5D93521EC0 at dlee01.ent.ti.com> you wrote:

> There were some issues with "Overo Tobi ethernet support".

I am aware of these.

> There was a follow up patch that was actually inline in an e-mail rather than formally being a patch.
> Thus I had to give it my own subject header.

Please do not do this. Always keep the original Subject: lines in
place.

If needed, then request a resend of the patch (or resent it yourself).

If you feel this is persnickety then please bear with me, but so far
my "patch tracking" is based on the messages posted to the mailing
list, and to make this work the Subject of the messages must match
the title line of the commit messages.

> basically as you can see even I got confused as there was no formal patch.
> The patch was kind of inline and once Ben was OK as can be seen above,
> I applied it. I gave it my own header because I had to give something.
>

> I hope this clears and lingering issues

Yes, it does. Thanks for the explanation. But next time let's please
rather insist on a repost of a separate, easier to track patch.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I can call spirits from the vasty deep."
"Why so can I, or so can any man; but will they come when you do call
for them?"          - Shakespeare, 1 King Henry IV, Act III, Scene I.