[U-Boot] ARM pull request

Paulraj, Sandeep s-paulraj at ti.com
Mon Oct 19 02:29:37 CEST 2009

> Dear Tom,
>
> In message <4ADB78D4.2060609 at windriver.com> you wrote:
> >
> > > And where is this patch coming from? Again, I canot see a trace of it
> > > in the mailing list archive, and anyway, it must go through the net
> > > custodian, or at least have Ben's blessing (Acked-by: line).
> > >
> > This came from the last ti pull.
>
> Ah, I see.
>
> Sandeep, please never check in commits that have not bee posted on
> the mailing list. And please don't check in commits that need to go
> through another repository (or at least make sure you have the
> Acked-by: from the respective custodian). Thanks.

Wolfgang,

There were some issues with "Overo Tobi ethernet support".

There was a follow up patch that was actually inline in an e-mail rather than formally being a patch.
Thus I had to give it my own subject header.
Look at this
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-October/062150.html

For the entire thread please refer to.

It had Ben's blessing
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-October/062197.html

This post also gives some more background

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-October/062301.html

basically as you can see even I got confused as there was no formal patch.
The patch was kind of inline and once Ben was OK as can be seen above, I applied it. I gave it my own header because I had to give something.

I hope this clears and lingering issues

> > I will fix the subject in at91 patch
> > and remove the overo net patch
> > and restore the author of the 3430 sdp patch with a rebase.
> >
> > I will resend the pull request when done.

Thanks,
Sandeep