[U-Boot] How to enable to print messages on serial port(ttyS0) in u-boot?

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Thu Oct 22 14:04:56 CEST 2009

sunr2007 wrote:
> Dear all ,
> Is there a option to print the message or some variable value which i av
> modified in code to print it on serial console to check whether it is
> getting executed or not? like we use printf in application programming . if
> yes how to enable it and  use it? . thanks.
> warm regards,
> Ravi Kulkarni.

Yes, printf(), as you can see by looking at the source.  The serial port
and printf() support is one of the first things that is configured
exactly to help debug via print statements.

If it isn't working on your board, you have more fundamental problems
(hardware initialization, serial port configuration, serial port
selection, who knows???).  Since we don't know anything about your
board, we cannot help further.

Best regards,
gvb