[U-Boot] How to enable to print messages on serial port(ttyS0) in u-boot?

Ravi Kumar Kulkarni ravilinux4u at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:18:05 CEST 2009

>>Yes, printf(), as you can see by looking at the source.  The serial port
and printf() support is one of the first things that is >>configured exactly
to help debug via print statements.
>>If it isn't working on your board, you have more fundamental problems
(hardware initialization, serial port configuration,
>>serial port selection, who knows???).  Since we don't know anything about
your board, we cannot help further.

Hi ! Now im being able to get print on the serial console. My board is
workin fine . its at91sam9261. the problem is something else. i have written
a driver  spi-new.c for the SPI interface using BUS 1 . now though this
driver is getting compiled  but its not getting executed when my board boots
up . i have modified the following to u-boot source tree.
 1) changed Makefile in /drivers/spi/ and added a line
COBJS-$(CONFIG_ATMEL_SPI) +=spi-new.o
2) changed config file  in /include/configs/at91sam9261ek.h
 added a line
# CONFIG_ATMEL_SPI  1
 though my init function is getting executed in the board file located at
/board/atmel/at91sam9261ek/at91sam9261ek.c
my driver code is not gettung executed when my board boots up.
 can anyone let me  know where else to change to add a new driver in u-boot
so tat  ur board recognizes it.
warm regards,
Ravi Kulkarni.