[U-Boot] blank line repeats last command

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Fri Oct 23 13:55:24 CEST 2009

David Collier wrote:

[snip]

> For my money, I'd want to see what I'd repeated, so I'd have been happy
> to have to use up-arrow, enter, rather then just enter.
>
> But my views don't always prevail.

Command repeating predates the implementation of command line history
and works even if you don't have command line editing / history enabled.

Also, on commands like memory display, it auto-advances the address so
that you can hit <return> multiple times to see the next chunk of
memory.  Command history requires you to edit the address manually to
get the next chunk.  (FWIIW, I would be happy to see most command
repeats turned off, but memory display auto-advance is really nice.)

gvb