[U-Boot] setting u-boot params based on serial number

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 23 23:04:21 CEST 2009

Dear "David Collier",

In message <memo.20091023211352.2092c at postmaster+dexdyne.com.cix.co.uk> you wrote:

> Well I have got it working - but it seems to do exactly what you say it
> doesn't

Well, I'm not always right :-)

> so it looks like it works ONLY in hex -

Makes sense. That's what semi-all commands do in U-Boot.

> I'd like the decimal version like you described :-)
>
> so I've defined setexprd to do that

I did not only describe it, I tested it. I just "tricked" a bit.
You asked to extract the last two digits, and I used "% 100" to do
this. Note that this works correctly in any number base - may it be 10
or 16 or whatever :-)

Hey, that was clever, wasn't it? :-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a  confusion  of  the
real with the ideal never goes unpunished."                  - Goethe