[U-Boot] setting u-boot params based on serial number

David Collier from_denx_uboot at dexdyne.com
Mon Oct 26 11:36:00 CET 2009

> I did not only describe it, I tested it. I just "tricked" a bit.
> You asked to extract the last two digits, and I used "% 100" to do
> this. Note that this works correctly in any number base - may it be
> 10 or 16 or whatever :-)
>
> Hey, that was clever, wasn't it? :-)

yeah it was - but of course I really wanted the next 2 digits as well....
I'm hoping to make more than 100 units really! pardon me for
over-simplifying my question.

I wonder if it would be useful/helpful to allow the user to optionally
over-ride the number base for reading and separately for writing by
setexpr.

That would extend it's usefulness without requiring an extra command or
breaking any existing code

say

setenv setexpr_in  10
setenv setexpr_out 16

If I wrote a patch would you look favourably on it?

David

> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk
>
> --
> DENX Software Engineering GmbH,     MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev
> Zundel
> HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell,
> Germany
> Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email:
> wd at denx.de
> "Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a  confusion  of
> the
> real with the ideal never goes unpunished."                  -
> Goethe

David Collier

www.dexdyne.com