[U-Boot] NFS boot problems !

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 24 11:43:26 CEST 2009

Dear Cristian Axenie,

In message <9c789a000910240122j776b762dodbddb97a105c942b at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I try to boot the kernel and rootfs using NFS!

What exactly has this to do with NFS at all?

> TFTP from server 192.168.1.103; our IP address is 192.168.1.100
> Filename '/home/haustiq/development/uImage'.
> Load address: 0x1000000
> TFTP error: 'Access violation' (2)

This is a TFTP error message. Not NTS.

> Any ideas ?

Well, check your server configuration. This is not a U-Boot problem.

> Changing file permissions on the server side shared files didn't helped !

You did not manage to change the right permissions, then.  In addition
to file permissions there are directory permissions, and eventually
things like hosts.allow/.deny and/or firewall rules. But the 'Access
violation'  message is pretty clear.

Fix your TFTP server config.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"'Tis true, 'tis pity, and pity 'tis 'tis true."
    - Poloniouius, in Willie the Shake's _Hamlet, Prince of Darkness_