[U-Boot] NFS boot problems !

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 16:09:04 CEST 2009

Cristian Axenie wrote:
> Hi all !
>
> I try to boot the kernel and rootfs using NFS!
> Next is my u-boot env:

[snip]

> bootfile=/home/haustiq/development/uImage

Likely wrong (see below).

> My problem is that when I
>
> run bootcmd
>
> I get :
>

> Speed: 100, full duplex
> Using eTSEC0 device
> TFTP from server 192.168.1.103; our IP address is 192.168.1.100
> Filename '/home/haustiq/development/uImage'.

This does *NOT* look like a valid path.  TFTP servers typically serve
out of a dedicated directory (often /tftpboot) and the paths to the
files are usually relative to the root folder.

You probably want to copy your uImage to /tftpboot/uImage and use the
file name either uImage or /uImage or /tftboot/uImage.

Do a "tftp get" from a computer, preferably not your tftp server
computer, to figure out your TFTP server path and file names before
trying to TFTP from u-boot.

If you run stuck, use wireshark on your server to see what is going on
on the wire.

> Load address: 0x1000000
> TFTP error: 'Access violation' (2)
> Starting again