[U-Boot] NFS boot problems !

Cristian Axenie cristian.axenie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 16:21:44 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Jerry Van Baren <gvb.uboot at gmail.com>wrote:

> Cristian Axenie wrote:
>
>> Hi all !
>>
>> I try to boot the kernel and rootfs using NFS!
>> Next is my u-boot env:
>>

> [snip]
>

>  bootfile=/home/haustiq/development/uImage
>>

> Likely wrong (see below).
>

>  My problem is that when I
>>
>> run bootcmd
>>
>> I get :
>>

>> Speed: 100, full duplex
>> Using eTSEC0 device
>> TFTP from server 192.168.1.103; our IP address is 192.168.1.100
>> Filename '/home/haustiq/development/uImage'.
>>

> This does *NOT* look like a valid path.  TFTP servers typically serve out
> of a dedicated directory (often /tftpboot) and the paths to the files are
> usually relative to the root folder.

But if I changed the directory to the one mentioned before in the
/etc/inetd.conf and didn't used /tftpboot ?

> You probably want to copy your uImage to /tftpboot/uImage and use the file
> name either uImage or /uImage or /tftboot/uImage.

Yes indeed I copy my kernel image to the specified folder
(home/haustiq/development/) !

> Do a "tftp get" from a computer, preferably not your tftp server computer,
> to figure out your TFTP server path and file names before trying to TFTP
> from u-boot.
>
> If you run stuck, use wireshark on your server to see what is going on on
> the wire.
>

>  Load address: 0x1000000
>> TFTP error: 'Access violation' (2)
>> Starting again
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>>

> Wrong path/file.

 I've also tried the way you mentioned , selected /tftpboot the dedicated
folder, made the appropriate modifications and moved the uImage there... and
the problem persists !

> Good luck,
> gvb

Thanks for the response !