[U-Boot] about ## Unknown FLASH on Bank 0

Peter Pan pppeterpppan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 03:22:36 CET 2009

My U-boot 1.2.0 works fine before. but I want to add some memory test
actions before u-boot start Linux.
I use the "mtest" command to test the memory. But the "mtest" command will
test the memory infinitely.
So, I change the /common/cmd_mem.c, and do the following change:

#if defined(CFG_ALT_MEMTEST)
    printf(.....);
    PRINTF(...);
    for(;iterations == 1;)
/*    for(;;) { */

Which I think will make the memory test only once.

But after I cross-compile the u-boot, the "Unknown FLASH" happens:

FLASH: ## Unknown FLASH on Bank 0
## Unknown FLASH on Bank 0 - Siz= 0x00000000 = 0 MB
*** failed ***
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

But after I add these in my board flash.c file, the u-boot works well again:

for(i = 0; i < 100; i++)
    printf("");

the above lines is added in flash_get_size function, after I get the 4 codes
of the flash,
and before I start to compare the codes with S29GL_ID0.

Anybody get any idea?