[U-Boot] U-Boot can't read ext2 filesystem created by Fedora 11

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 28 00:44:32 CET 2009

Dear Mike Cruse,

In message <1256682841.3470.22.camel at i7.definium.net> you wrote:

> I seem to have a problem reading ext2 filesystems created on a Fedora 11
> system. I have checked the FAQ for something related to this.

You should also have checked the mailing list archives and/or the
commit logs. Searching for "ext2" seems not too difficult to me.

You would have found (among other things) this:

	commit 56fdaadc124a8ef9ec0fd8ff578233ec3b1137be
	Author: Weirich, Bernhard <Bernhard.Weirich at riedel.net>
	Date:   Wed Jun 10 14:00:37 2009 +0200

	    ext2: fix inode size and calculations

> If I create the filesystem on the 8536 eval system everything seems to
> work fine. However if I create an ext2 filesystem on my desktop (F11)
> with mkfs.ext2 then U-Boot cannot read anything. Below are some examples
> of the responses I get. I am using a Freescale patched U-Boot version
> 2009.03-rc1.

Update.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You don't have to stay up nights to succeed; you have to  stay  awake
days.