[U-Boot] Query: Does Uboot support CFI flash driver forM29W128GH

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Oct 28 09:08:12 CET 2009

Hi Prakash,

On Wednesday 28 October 2009 07:23:31 prakash bedge wrote:
> Thanks. I have seen that patch work and I will try it and hope it will work
> for M29W128GH (ST make).
>
> But why I am not seeing the chip name and any instance of M29W128GH in
>  Uboot source code?
> Is it because the chip is CFI compliant?

Yes. For CFI compliant chips features like sector count, sector sizes etc are
autodetected. No need to define the chip with it's ID anywhere.

> How I can crosscheck that present Uboot V2009.08 works for M29W128GH? Which
> folder I should check for that?
> I believe the Patch sent by you will work in this version.

You should test it with the latest version of mainline U-Boot:

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=summary

Please note that you need to add a board specific flash_cmd_reset() function
for this chip to work correctly. Something like this should work (untested):

void flash_cmd_reset(flash_info_t *info)
{
	flash_write_cmd(info, 0, 0, AMD_CMD_RESET);
}

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de