[U-Boot] Odd value for I2C_TIMEOUT in fsl_i2c.c

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 4 20:30:24 CEST 2009

Dear Timur Tabi,

In message <4AA132B3.3050004 at freescale.com> you wrote:
> Peter Tyser wrote:
> > If this is the case, the timeout should be the maximum (or reasonable
> > maximum) time an I2C transaction could take.
>
> How long is that?  Is one millisecond good enough?

Probably not. If you place a read request to a  slow  device  it  may
take  tens  of milliseconds, or even longer - I have no idea. IIRC we
had a box with a LCD display connected over  I2C,  which  didn't  ent
into  production  as  originally designed because writing the content
took over 100 millisec.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Very ugly or very beautiful women should be flattered on their
understanding, and mediocre ones on their beauty.
                                       -- Philip Earl of Chesterfield