[U-Boot] How to burn new U-Boot over network

Daniel Gorsulowski Daniel.Gorsulowski at esd.eu
Mon Sep 7 12:16:02 CEST 2009

alex889 wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm working on the DM365evm,
> and i was wondering if there is a way to burn new U-Boot version over
> network, instead of Code Composer and a JTAG?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Hi Alex,

of course it's possible!
But it depends on the location of your U-Boot.

I.e. your U-Boot is located in dataflash or NAND flash:

	tftp $(loadaddress) $(img)
	protect off $(start) $(end)
	erase $(start) $(end)
	cp.b $(loadaddress) $(start) $(filesize)

$(loadaddress) - the temporary RAM address for downloading new U-Boot
$(img)         - the path to your new U-Boot image (i.e. /tftpboot/update/u-boot.img)
$(start)       - the flash address, where U-Boot is located
$(end)         - $(start) + maximum size of U-Boot (erasesize)
$(filesize)    - set automatically after tftp transfer

Regards
Daniel