[U-Boot] fsl_i2c: increase I2C timeout values and make them configurable

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Thu Sep 10 15:29:35 CEST 2009

Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

>> A while back, someone posted a version of this code that computed the values
>> of fdr/dfsr.  I nack'd that patch because I thought the algorithm was too
>
> Not so sure about that, but I haven't tried to calc it generally.

A quick way to check this is to figure out which dfsr/fdr values the i2c code uses, and then modify that entry in the table with a different pair.  You'd have to manually calculate the correct value of fdr for the given dfsr.

> Yes, and a way to #define wanted DFSR. From there one can select
> one of the 4 tables listed in AN2919. The sum of tabels will be rather big though
> so I suspect it will less code to calculate the FDR/DFSR.

In this case, you're right.  But so far, you're the only person who's complained to me that the current code doesn't work, and you already admitted that your board is broken, so I don't really see the need to change the code.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale