[U-Boot] kirkwood (openrd): saveenv will not work with environment in NAND

Dieter Kiermaier dk-arm-linux at gmx.de
Tue Sep 29 17:16:42 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag 29 September 2009 15:55:55 schrieb Dieter Kiermaier:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I try to bring up fw_setenv / fw_printenv in linux kernel but first it want to start with u-boot itself.
> I built most recent u-boot-marvell git source and get a running u-boot with standard openrd configuration.
> So far so good.

Hm, it looks like there is the whole nand system somewhat broken :(
Haven't seen it earlier, but:
U-Boot 2009.08-00208-g9ef0569-dirty (Sep 29 2009 - 15:42:42)
OpenRD_base

SoC:   Kirkwood 88F6281_A0
DRAM:  27535155593740288 MB
NAND:  0 MiB
*** Warning - bad CRC or NAND, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   egiga0
88E1116 Initialized on egiga0

But boot message state that there is no NAND detected!
So I assume that is the main cause for the not working saveenv command?
Cross checked it with marvell provided u-boot - this one works. So damaged hardware isn't the case.

Please could somebody check it, too?

Many thanks,
Dieter