[U-Boot] kirkwood (openrd): saveenv will not work with environment in NAND

Dieter Kiermaier dk-arm-linux at gmx.de
Wed Sep 30 09:40:07 CEST 2009

Hi Simon, hi Prafulla,

> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:02:14 +0200
> Dieter Kiermaier <dk-arm-linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld: ERROR: Source object /home/dieter/ArtistaNET-III/Software/trunk/SDK/tools/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.2.0/libgcc.a(_udivsi3.o) has EABI version 4, but target u-boot has EABI version 0
> >
> > Do you know how I can solve this problem?
> > (I've read the two given mail threads but found no hint to this problem, so maybe my toolchain is broken?)
>
> Sounds like you might have problems with USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC. See this
> mail for how to test this:
>
>   http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/059313.html

export USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes
seems to solve my problem - even if I don't exactly understand what I'm doing :(

But now I know what I've been searching for.

@Prafulla:
Hi Prafulla,
is there anywhere a document how to build open source u-boot for sheevaplug which explains all these details?
(haven't found some documentation about this)
I would expect that many others are no u-boot experts, too. And stumble into the same pitfalls?

Many thanks,
Dieter