[U-Boot] d-cache enable

Lukasz Majewski l.majewski at samsung.com
Tue Aug 9 16:41:07 CEST 2011

Dear all,

As we know dcache is now enabled in u-boot.

I'm trying to make the S5P Goni target working with d-cache enabled.
There are some patches and ideas appearing on the list (e.g.
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/109199/ made by Aneesh V)

I'm currently using the u-boot/master branch,
SHA1: d26a82023af5771462f7223241ed18cfb7965f71

After some research I can say that flush_dcache_all() and
invalidate_dcache_all() are working(at least on my target).

However I'm planning to use the "range" versions:
	flush_dcache_range((unsigned long) (buf), sizeof(buf));
	invalidate_dcache_range((unsigned long) (buf), sizeof(buf));

Those versions are not working on the Cortex-A8 (armv7) GONI target.
I'd like to ask if anybody was trying to use those functions
(defined at cache_v7.c) on other armv7 targets?

I think that only flush or invalidation on the selective cache regions
are the way to go. The "*_dcache_all()" methods seems like an overkill.

Lukasz Majewski

Samsung Poland R&D Center
Platform Group