[U-Boot] d-cache enable

Aneesh V aneesh at ti.com
Fri Aug 12 12:59:25 CEST 2011

Hi Lukasz,

On Tuesday 09 August 2011 08:11 PM, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> As we know dcache is now enabled in u-boot.
>
> I'm trying to make the S5P Goni target working with d-cache enabled.
> There are some patches and ideas appearing on the list (e.g.
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/109199/ made by Aneesh V)
>

> I'm currently using the u-boot/master branch,
> SHA1: d26a82023af5771462f7223241ed18cfb7965f71
>
> After some research I can say that flush_dcache_all() and
> invalidate_dcache_all() are working(at least on my target).
>
> However I'm planning to use the "range" versions:
> 	flush_dcache_range((unsigned long) (buf), sizeof(buf));
> 	invalidate_dcache_range((unsigned long) (buf), sizeof(buf));
>
> Those versions are not working on the Cortex-A8 (armv7) GONI target.
> I'd like to ask if anybody was trying to use those functions
> (defined at cache_v7.c) on other armv7 targets?

I have tested cache on OMAP3(Cortex-A8) and OMAP4(Cortex-A9). Why do you
think it's not working for you. Did you run some tests? If so, what was
the result? Are you enabling only L1 or both L1 & L2? Can you try the
attached crude patch for testing caches. You might have to change the
addresses according to your platform. If you could run it, let me know
the results.

best regards,
Aneesh