[U-Boot] Pull request: u-boot-arm/master (updated)

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Fri Jul 1 12:59:58 CEST 2011

Le 01/07/2011 12:05, Reinhard Meyer a écrit :

>>> why is in the second block my clear name replaced by email address (as in the commits in atmel/master) but the mails have correct (UTF8-formattet) clear name in 'From:'?
>>
>> Hmm... Sorry for not having noticed this. Apparently, it is already so in u-boot-atmel/. I have just created a branch out of the current u-boot/master, run 'pwclient get 100074' and 'git am', and your name appears as normal.
>>
>> Reinhard, what commands did you use to applie these patches?
>
> ALWAYS using patchworks: Download mbox, git-am<the downloaded file>.
>
> Apparently it makes a difference where the mail originated from.

If you mean it makes a difference whether you download the mbox or use
pwclient, I just tried both and got exactly the same .patch file (except
for an added "From patchwork" line at the top, due to the mbox format,
and a git am of either file results in Andreas' full name and address
being shown as author, as expected.

Seems like either "your" and "my" .patch files differ in some way, or
our setups (system, locale, git configuration).

> Reinhard

Amicalement,
--
Albert.