[U-Boot] Pull request: u-boot-arm/master (updated)

Reinhard Meyer u-boot at emk-elektronik.de
Fri Jul 1 13:04:14 CEST 2011

Am 01.07.2011 12:59, schrieb Albert ARIBAUD:

>>> Hmm... Sorry for not having noticed this. Apparently, it is already so in u-boot-atmel/. I have just created a branch out of the current u-boot/master, run 'pwclient get 100074' and 'git am', and your name appears as normal.
>>>
>>> Reinhard, what commands did you use to applie these patches?
>>
>> ALWAYS using patchworks: Download mbox, git-am<the downloaded file>.
>>
>> Apparently it makes a difference where the mail originated from.
>

> If you mean it makes a difference whether you download the mbox or use pwclient, I just tried both and got exactly the same .patch file (except for an added "From patchwork" line at the top, due to the mbox format, and a git am of either file results in Andreas' full name and address being shown as author, as expected.
>
> Seems like either "your" and "my" .patch files differ in some way, or our setups (system, locale, git configuration).
>
>> Reinhard
>
> Amicalement,

I mean that it makes no difference whether I get the .patch files by "mbox" or
by "pwclient".

What makes a difference is whether the patch was sent via googlemail or not.

Apparently the subtle differences lead to different interpretation by git-am.

If that is a configuration issue, I do now know where to look at.

Reinhard