[U-Boot] at91rm9200 undef runtime error with eldk 5.0

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 13 10:40:43 CEST 2011

Dear zzs,

In message <20110713061040.GA5148 at greatfirst.com> you wrote:

> I'am using a board similar to at91rm9200ek, u-boot version is v2011.03.

Is your code in mainline?  Which board configuration si this?

[Otherwise: see http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.embedded/3534 ]

> Early I use eldk4.2 to build u-boot, all things ok, but eldk 4.2 can't
> compile busybox whith ubiattach enabled. So I change my toolchain to

Really?  What are the exact problems? [Please post this on the ELDK
mailing list.]

> eldk5.0 (eldk-eglibc-i686-arm-toolchain-gmae-5.0.tar.bz2,
> poky-image-sato-sdk-armv5te.tar.gz). Now the make process all ok. But
> when download u-boot.bin to the board. the code say:
>
>        -F- Undef detected

Is this the exact error message?  And it gets printed by U-Boot?
Problem is, I cannot find any such text in mainline U-Boot.

> eldk5.0-armv5te CAN'T used for arm920t ??? Is this true?

The AT91RM9200 uses a ARM920 core, i. e. it belongs to the ARM9TDMI
family, ARMv4T architecture.

As the tool chain name "armv5te" clearly suggests, this is configured
for the ARMv5TE architecture (for example ARM9E, ARM10E, XScale
families).

So yes, this is configured for a more advanced architecture.  OTOH, if
you provide correct compiler options, it should still work for U-Boot.
But the, I don't know your code...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Die Scheu vor Verantwortung ist die Krankheit unserer Zeit.
                                                 -- Otto von Bismarck