[U-Boot] at91rm9200 undef runtime error with eldk 5.0

zzs zzs213 at 126.com
Wed Jul 13 12:46:00 CEST 2011

In message <20110713084043.1725516F12CE at gemini.denx.de> Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > I'am using a board similar to at91rm9200ek, u-boot version is v2011.03.
>
> Is your code in mainline?  Which board configuration si this?
my code not in mainline, but I test it using the code for at91rm9200ek

> > Early I use eldk4.2 to build u-boot, all things ok, but eldk 4.2 can't
> > compile busybox whith ubiattach enabled. So I change my toolchain to
>
> Really?  What are the exact problems? [Please post this on the ELDK
> mailing list.]

Yes, it was. I will sent the error message to ELDK mailing list

> > eldk5.0 (eldk-eglibc-i686-arm-toolchain-gmae-5.0.tar.bz2,
> > poky-image-sato-sdk-armv5te.tar.gz). Now the make process all ok. But
> > when download u-boot.bin to the board. the code say:
> >
> >        -F- Undef detected
>
> Is this the exact error message?  And it gets printed by U-Boot?
> Problem is, I cannot find any such text in mainline U-Boot.

The message is printed after uboot.bin downloaded by my preloader, Maybe
this message was printed by the preloader code after it jump to uboot.
In my preloader some exception vector were setted to print message.  So
it seems uboot.bin had some illegal asm code in it.

> > eldk5.0-armv5te CAN'T used for arm920t ??? Is this true?
>
> The AT91RM9200 uses a ARM920 core, i. e. it belongs to the ARM9TDMI
> family, ARMv4T architecture.
>
> As the tool chain name "armv5te" clearly suggests, this is configured
> for the ARMv5TE architecture (for example ARM9E, ARM10E, XScale
> families).
>
> So yes, this is configured for a more advanced architecture.  OTOH, if
> you provide correct compiler options, it should still work for U-Boot.
> But the, I don't know your code...

My code is exactly same for at91rm9200ek at version v2011.03

So what compiler options should be use? I notice some u-boot compile
commandline has option '-march=armv4'. Why with this option it is still
generate wrong code

--
Best Regards,
zzs