[U-Boot] at91rm9200 undef runtime error with eldk 5.0

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 13 12:57:43 CEST 2011

Dear zzs,

In message <20110713104600.GA17872 at greatfirst.com> you wrote:

> > >        -F- Undef detected
> >
> > Is this the exact error message?  And it gets printed by U-Boot?
> > Problem is, I cannot find any such text in mainline U-Boot.
>
> The message is printed after uboot.bin downloaded by my preloader, Maybe
> this message was printed by the preloader code after it jump to uboot.

I don;t know your preloader, so I cannot help you with that.

> In my preloader some exception vector were setted to print message.  So
> it seems uboot.bin had some illegal asm code in it.

Are you sure that your preloader analyses the binary image it loads
and that it would detect specific assembler code in it?  I tend to
doubt that.

> So what compiler options should be use? I notice some u-boot compile
> commandline has option '-march=armv4'. Why with this option it is still
> generate wrong code

Thi sis a strong statement, based on somewhat weak facts.  Why are you
so sure that there is any "wrong code" being generated?  Please show
which exact instructions you are talking about.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Those who hate and fight must stop themselves -- otherwise it is  not
stopped.
	-- Spock, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown