[U-Boot] at91rm9200 undef runtime error with eldk 5.0

zzs zzs213 at 126.com
Wed Jul 13 13:20:25 CEST 2011

In message <20110713105743.0C2C116F12CE at gemini.denx.de> Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> > In my preloader some exception vector were setted to print message.  So
> > it seems uboot.bin had some illegal asm code in it.
>
> Are you sure that your preloader analyses the binary image it loads
> and that it would detect specific assembler code in it?  I tend to
> doubt that.

No, No, No it is impossibe, My preloader just set exception vector and
it jump to the message output code, It print out error message when a
undef instruction exception occurs.

> > So what compiler options should be use? I notice some u-boot compile
> > commandline has option '-march=armv4'. Why with this option it is still
> > generate wrong code
>
> Thi sis a strong statement, based on somewhat weak facts.  Why are you
> so sure that there is any "wrong code" being generated?  Please show
> which exact instructions you are talking about.

Because the code raised a 'undef instruction' exception, So I guess some
illegal code for arm920(may be legal for other armVs) exist.

I will try to objbump u-boot and  analyses it later.

--
Best Regards,
zzs